We are growing fast and we’re looking for Backend Engineers to join our team. You don't need to be in Sydney, you can be anywhere in Australia and work remotely if you like - we embrace flexible work hours and locations. But we would like you to be in Australia so we can fly you in for our regular meet-ups and parties.
You will be responsible for the development of new features on Selz platform and new integrations with our world-leading partners.
You're smart, personable and friendly, and you communicate clearly and respectfully. You live and breathe best-practice software engineering and are passionate about learning new languages and frameworks. You write streamlined, and elegant code in a variety of languages.
You need to have 3+ years experience with:
- Large scale web applications
- At least 2 of the following: Microservices, Domain Driven Design, Distributed Architecture, Cloud technologies
- Agile development and a continuous integration build environment
- .NET experience or willingness and demonstrated ability to learn
And it would be a bonus if you had experience of any of these:
- AWS and cloud computing in general (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, EC2, ElastiCache)
You need to be ready for:
- Using or experimenting with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Working with Git or CI
- Trying out microservices
You must either be a native English speaker or have very good functional English.
You'll fit in if…
- You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
- You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
- You’re organized and a good manager of time
- You think and act creatively to solve problems
- You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
- You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
- A competitive salary with access to stock options
- Work with a seriously good team and learn new skills
- A clear pathway to career development
- Flexible working hours and working location
- Access to a dedicated budget for training and personal development
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please email us:
- A cover letter describing why you think you fit this role
- A resume
In your email please tell us a little about yourself and you must include one of these things:
- Code you’re proud of on GitHub or a similar project hosting site; or
- Contributions on StackOverflow or a similar developer forum; or
- A description of applications and environments you have recently worked in; and
- Latest resume
Contact: Julie Cleary, People & Culture Manager
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; however, we’d like to thank everyone for their application. Check the careers section for all our job opportunities.
Absolutely no agencies, please. No offence but we don't want to hear from you and if you spam us it just makes us never want to work with you. Genuine candidates only, thanks.