We are a full-spectrum E-commerce platform, used and loved by thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world. We have offices in Portland, Sydney and Manila.
We are growing fast and we’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work closely with our CTO in Sydney. If you’re not already in Australia, we’re open to sponsoring the right candidate so you can move to Sydney (about the most awesome and livable city in the world in our opinion).
Our engineering team is a friendly and cosmopolitan bunch - British, French, American, Brazilian, Chinese, Slovakian, in fact from pretty much everywhere. They pride themselves on competence, no corporate-BS, transparency and flexible working. Everyone at Selz works from home or from the office whenever they want - wherever helps them most to do great work.
One of our strategic goals is to provide our merchants with an exceptional, high-availability experience. We rely on the health, scalability and security of our ever-expanding cloud infrastructure to do that.
So we are looking for talented and experienced engineers who know how to manage and contribute to our cloud infrastructure. You will be an “engineer to the engineers”, helping them to understand and leverage our infrastructure and platform to deliver even better features. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Selz as we expand and evolve.
What we're looking for
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure
- Propose and implement design improvements
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
- Define automated pipelines that enable engineers to build, test and deploy their code
- Help engineers to operate and monitor services in production
It would be great if you have:
- Solid foundation in Computer Science
- Familiarity with micro services architecture, runtime analysis, and deployment
- Expert level proficiency in Linux and Windows
- Experience in system automation – Majority of work includes writing and enhancing automation tools and infrastructure
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems. We want an alerting system where everything is actionable and automated
- Experience tuning and analyzing performance at all levels: OS, Docker containers and the application
- Knowledge of security hardening and analysis – IDS/IPS, log analysis, alerting
- Network analysis and troubleshooting experience – VPN, NAT, DNS, subnets, firewalls, TLS, tcpdump, wireshark, apparmor
- Prior experience implementing Disaster Recovery and Backups
You'll fit in if…
- You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, no BS, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
- You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
- You’re organized and a good manager of time
- You think and act creatively to solve problems
- You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
- You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, NGINX and IIS.
- A competitive salary
- Access to stock options
- Live in Sydney - like the most totally awesome and livable city in the world
- Surfing, snorkeling, BBQs and beaches (see above)
- We’re open to sponsoring the right candidate if you’re not already in Sydney
To apply, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolutely no agencies, please. No offence but we don't want to hear from you and if you spam us it just makes us never want to work with you. Genuine candidates only, thanks.