With our discount feature, you can discount all orders over a specific amount, offer a specific discount on all your items, or discount a single item. You can also share a direct link to your discounted item through our sharing feature. Here’s how it works.
Adding a discount code
- Log into your Selz account and click on Marketing in the left panel.
- Click Create Discount and fill out the form.
- You can create a name for your discount code, create a custom discount code, or we can auto-generate one for you.
- Next, choose whether you’d like this discount to apply to orders over a specific amount, all your items, a single category, or a single item. Also check that the discount is in your chosen currency.
- Choose whether the discount code is a % off, $ off, totally free, or free shipping and choose the quantity of the discount you want to offer.
- Lastly, select the dates your discount code is active or keep the ‘Stay valid’ option selected.
- When you’re done, click Save and you’ll find your discount on your Marketing page. You can always return to the Marketing page to manage your discounts.
- Once a discount has been added, a discount field automatically appears during the checkout process:
Sharing a discounted product
You can share the direct link of the discounted product, making it easier to anyone with the link to see the product already discounted. This also means they don’t have to enter a discount code as it’s already applied.
To share your discounted product:
- Log into your Selz account and click on Marketing
- Find the discount code you want to share and click on Edit > Share:
- On the item share page, your discount is now located at the top right of the page. You can choose to share with or without the discount code to your connected social media profiles. You can also grab the short link to share with specific buyers, like your Mailchimp newsletter list or embed the discounted product as a widget or button on your existing website.