Nice one! You’ve purchased a .mobi or PDF file and now you’re ready to read it on your Kindle.
Just a couple of things to note first:
- Kindle works best with .mobi files and PDF files, so if you’ve purchased an .epub or another file, contact the seller (by replying to your receipt email) to discuss your options.
- 20MB is the maximum size allowed to send to Kindle. If your file is larger, we suggest splitting it into smaller files or optimizing the file to compress images, etc.
- To find your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address, visit the Manage your Devices page at Manage Your Kindle. You can also find the address on your Kindle under Settings > Device options > Personalize your Kindle.
To send from Selz
1. In your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
2. From Settings, go to Personal Document Settings and add email@example.com under Approved Personal Document E-mail List.
3. Click on ‘Get your Downloads’ on the download page after payment, or from your email purchase receipt.
4. Click the “Send To Kindle” button and pop in your Send to Kindle email address.
To send it as an Email Attachment
1. Download the file to your computer.
2. Go to Amazon.com, log in, and go to Manage Your Devices.
3. Click Settings, scroll to Personal Document Settings, find your Approved Personal Document E-Mail List and add your own email address (Gmail, Hotmail etc.)
4. Now open your email account and create a new email. Attach your .mobi or PDF file and send the email to your Send to Kindle address. Do not include a subject line or message.
5. On your Kindle, press the Menu button, and then select Sync & Check for Items.
Using the Send To Kindle App
1. Download and install Send to Kindle for your desktop.
2. Download your purchase from your Selz email receipt or post payment download page.
3. Drag and drop your purchase onto the Sent to Kindle application.
For other options, see Amazon’s Send To Kindle page.