If you are selling digital files (like eBooks or apps) then you might want to limit the number of times they can be downloaded or the period of time they are downloadable. The same applies if you are streaming (renting) videos. You might want to limit your customers to only be able to watch your video a fixed number of times or for a fixed number of days.
Setting these limits is easy with our Download Limits feature. This feature gives you total control of how your customers can access your products whether you are selling them outright or renting them.
Setting streaming and download limits
- Login to your Selz Dashboard and head to Settings, then Digital.
- Next, set your download limits. The numbers you choose here will apply to all your digital products whether they are a downloaded or streamed product. You will see the default settings in this window. Go ahead and adjust them to your liking. You can also select the Unlimited option to allow customers to download your product an unlimited amount of times and/or access the download/stream link for an unlimited number of days.
- Click Save.
Resetting a buyer’s download limits
If you ever need to renew a buyer’s download limits, here’s what to do:
- Login to your Selz account
- Click on your Orders tab
- Find the order manually or search for it with the order number or email address
- Click on the Reset button
- Each link that Selz issues is unique to the transaction, secure, and will only give download access to the files specified in your product listing.
- The ability to download the file will expire once all download attempts have been used up, or the allocated timeframe has expired – whichever comes first.
Click here if you are a buyer and need your download limits reset.