Selling or renting videos through Selz is simple. You can sell your videos outright as downloads or your can rent them to your buyers by using our streaming option. You have complete control over how many downloads your customers have, or how many times they are able to watch your video.
You can upload up to 50 files with a maximum of 15GB per file. We accept most file types for downloads and MP4 files for streaming.
This article is about getting set to sell or rent your videos. If you already have your video uploaded and just want to set download limits you can see how to do that here.
Selling or renting videos with Selz
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Sign into your Selz account, click on Items > Sell an item then choose Digital to create your product listing
2. Add your video that you want to sell or stream: All streaming files must be MP4s. Use the drop-down menu to choose if you’d like to offer either streaming or download, or you can offer both.
3. Next, add your product title and description
4. Add your video preview or image. If you’re adding a video preview you can choose to either upload a video file or embed from YouTube or Vimeo.
5. Click Save.
6. When it’s done, you can embed your listing into your site as a button or widget, or you can direct your customers straight to your product page to make their purchase. Depending on your download and streaming settings, your customers will have the relevant options immediately available to them after they purchase