There are four ways to sell on Facebook using Selz:
- Using the built-in Facebook Shop tab
- Linking a ‘Shop’ button to your page
- Sharing posts
- Selz Facebook Store app (not available for mobile devices)
1. Facebook Shop tab
The new Facebook Shop allows you to create a beautiful store within the Shop tab on your Facebook business page. Your buyers will be able to view your page, take a look at your items, and then make the purchase through Selz.
Something really great about this feature is that your buyers can use any device to complete the checkout process. Simply follow the below steps, upload preview photos/video for your products and link them to your Selz store by adding the product URL. This process is a bit more manual, but if having your buyers checkout on mobile is important to you, this is the way to go.
Here are the steps:
- Sign into your Facebook account and go to your business page.
- Click the Shop tab on the left panel
- If you don’t see it listed, click your Page Settings > Edit Page. Next, click the Add a Tab button > Add Tab next to the Shop option. You should see the Shop tab on your Page now
- If you agree to Facebook Merchant Terms and Policies, check the box, and click Continue. You may be prompted to re-enter your Facebook password.
- Choose to Check Out on Another Website to send your buyers to your Selz store to complete their purchase. Then, click Continue.
- Choose the currency you want to use. This currency will apply to all your products and can’t be changed unless you delete your shop section and create a new one.
- Add product images/videos, name, price, description.
- Grab the URL from your Selz dashboard by going to Items > All and selecting the ‘…’ on the item you want to link
- Click Share and grab the short link to paste on your Facebook page in the Checkout URL field
- Click Save to see the preview.
Once approved, your new product will sit nicely as a thumbnail within the ‘Shop’ tab:
You have the option of sharing your newly added product as a post on your business page, personal page or another page you manage, which is a great way to get the word out!
Your buyers can now go to your shop tab, see all of your great products, make a selection and check out through Selz secure site!
2. Add a ‘Shop Now’ button
This is a great option if you want your buyers to go to your beautiful Selz store directly.
- Click ‘Add a button’ on your Facebook business page
- Add the URL for your Selz store and you are done!
- The button will look like this:
3. Sharing posts
You can sell on Facebook using a shared post that appears on the timeline. Potential customers can click on a post and purchase without leaving Facebook.
Products can be automatically shared to your Facebook. Set this up by going to Settings > Sharing. From there, choose Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, and connect your accounts.
4. Selz Facebook Store app (Not available on mobile)
The Free Facebook store app makes adding a store to your Facebook page very easy, the downside to using this method is that due to Facebook restrictions the shop is not able to be viewed on mobile devices.
Using the free Selz Facebook store means you never have to worry about keeping your Facebook store up to date. It’s automatically updated every time you make a change to one of your products in your Selz account. Managing your inventory couldn’t be easier as every sale, no matter where, reduces the stock available meaning your Facebook store is always up to date.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign into your Selz account
- Click on Facebook in your navigation panel (make sure you are signed into the Facebook account that admins your Facebook business page)
- Click on the big green button that reads Add your store to your page now
4. On the next page, click Okay
5. On the Add Page Tab drop-down menu, choose the Facebook business page you want to add your Selz store to and click Add Page Tab.
- Your Facebook business page is now armed with a ‘Store’ tab, which can be seen on the left panel of your Facebook business page and in your Facebook business page menu.
- A ‘Store’ menu item is also available on your Facebook business page menu under the cover image.
- Your menu items can always be managed and rearranged by clicking on the More on the right side of your menu and clicking on Manage Tabs. We recommend moving your Selz Store tab next to your ‘About’ tab as seen above.
6. You are done! Your customers can now purchase directly from Facebook by clicking on either the ‘Store’ tab on the left panel or from the Store menu item below the cover image.