Google Domains is currently in beta and is only available to people based in the United States at this time.
Custom Domains is a paid feature. The Custom Domain feature comes included in the Pro and Standard plan.
If you are a Selz seller based in the United States, you can use Google Domains to add a custom domain to your Selz store. Here’s how to do it:
Before getting started
Setting up a domain with Google Domains
- Log into your Selz account
- Click on Store > Settings > Domain > Manage.
- Click on Purchase domain
- Click on Buy a domain
- Next, search for the custom domain you want to use on your Selz store in the page that pops up
- If the domain you want to use is not available, you’ll be shown two types of your original search:
- The domain with different endings like .me, .biz, .life
- Available domains that contain part of your original search
- When you find a domain you like, click on Buy
- You’ll be redirected to the checkout at Google where you’ll fill out your contact information. This is required by any domain registrar
- At the bottom of the page, choose your privacy setting
- Selecting public means that anyone doing a whois query of your domain will be able to see the personal information entered into this contact form, including the name and address.
- Selecting private means that the domain is registered by proxy, so that a third-party company’s details appear (rather than yours) when a whois query is run. Google makes no charge for this service (although some other providers do charge a fee for private registration).
- Complete your purchase by filling out your credit card information and clicking Buy
- After completing the purchase, it may take anywhere between 30 minutes to 48 hours for setup to complete.
- To check if the setup is complete, enter your domain in your Store Domain Settings and click ‘Test’. If successful, save your settings.