An important part of online transactions can be ensuring that customers have accepted your Terms and Conditions. To add Terms and Conditions to your checkout follow these instructions.
Simply go to Settings > Checkout and click on the Settings tab
Enable the T&Cs option.
You can choose whether customers choose to accept your terms and conditions via two methods:
- Checkbox: Customers have to select the Terms and Conditions checkbox before the order can be processed.
- Completing purchase: By completing the purchase the customer is accepting the Terms and Conditions.
This is the text displayed during the Terms and Conditions exchange.
- Checkbox: Displayed next to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Completing purchase: Displayed during the purchase process.
The statement can be customised as required with the default being “I agree to [your store name]’s terms and conditions.
The text can also be formatted with bold and links. You can add a link to your Terms and Conditions within the statement.
To add this simply select the link icon and choose to insert a link.
Then enter the details for the link.
- URL: The URL that the link should direct to
- Text: The text that will be displayed for the link
- Open in new tab: This opens the link within a new tab. It is suggested that this is enabled so the purchase process is not interrupted.
Once inserted the customer can link to your Terms and Conditions whilst completing their purchase.